Discover how you can create a meaningful and joyous celebration that embraces the spirit of Grandparent’s Day with the best engaging songs and program ideas. Find a new song or idea to make this year’s program fabulous.
Grandparent’s Day Songs By Theme
Thinking out loud here. According to Google 🤣, the average age to become a grandparent is in your 50s and 60s. If your grandchild is 5-12 years old, that makes grandparents in the 55-72 year range.
In 2023, it means those grandparents were born 1951-1968. If high school (16 years old) was a prime music genre era for most, that means music from 1967-1984 would really resonate with most of them.
- When I’m 64
- Yellow Submarine
- Octopus’s Garden
- Love Me Do
- With a Little Help From My Friends
- All You Need Is Love
- I Just Called to Say I Love You
- Rainbow Connection
- Lean On Me
- Joy to the World
- Top of the World
- Love Will Keep Us Together
- I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing
- Rockin’ Robin
- Rapper’s Delight (the first couple of verses only)
- Greatest Love of All
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- Walking On Sunshine
- I’m Still Standing (wordy so you could have solos on the verses and then everyone come in on the chorus)
- We Are the World
- Up Where We Belong
- True Colors
Find more great songs by subject/theme in the
BIG Song Database!
Grandparent’s Day Songs – Singles
Music K8 has LOTS of songs written about grandparents. Some teacher favorites are Happy Grandparent’s Day, So Glad to See You, A Song for Grandparent’s Day, Family Reunion, Blessings On This Day, We Love Our Grandparents, Happy Grandparent’s Day, What Do You Call Your Grandma/Grandpa? and more.
- “A” You’re Adorable
- You Are My Sunshine
- Grandma and Grandpa (from Musicplay)
- A Bushel and a Peck
- My Girl/My Guy by Smoky Robinson changed to Grandma/Grandpa
- Grandma’s Hands by Bill Withers
- Grandpa (Tell Me ‘Bout the Good Old Days) by The Judds
- Re-write of All About That Bass
Join the hundreds of teachers who have the Oodles Newsletter delivered to their inbox every Monday morning with the latest content creator videos and resources.