You can now sing, do the motions, and PLAY this Irish favorite, The Rattlin’ Bog, with a lively Orff barred instrument arrangement (and optional ukulele part) for St. Patrick’s Day, all during March, or whenever you want that cumulative song, breathless laughter FUN!
Category: low so
The Best Children’s Literature for the Music Classroom
A list of books from newly published to classics for the music classroom with links, music connections, activities, and lesson plans!
Books Reviewed + music connection ideas
- Build a House by Rhiannon Giddens
- The Mitten by many authors
- The Secret of the Plátano by Luz Maria Mack
- The Year We Learned to Fly by Jacqueline Woodson
- Change Sings by Amanda Gorman
- In My Heart by Jo Witik
- Just Help by Sonia Sotomayor
- Ohana Means Family by Ilima Loomis
- Sun Wishes by Patricia Storms and Milan Pavlovic
“One Piece of Pie” Round with Six Integrated Lessons
Take a look at this unique resource with EIGHT unique sound files to support student learning!
- melody lines
- Orff parts
- beat keeping for rhythmic practice
- vocal lines for solfege highlighting low so
- listen in “round” form