On This Page
- Slideshow (St. P history, Rattlin’ Bog, Irish Washerwoman, Sing a Rainbow)
- The Broom Dance
- Follow the Rainbow info
Google Slide Presentation ⬇️
At the bottom of the slide, click on the 3 dots to find the ENTER FULL-SCREEN link.
Click to Begin or Enter Full Screen & Begin
If you have a problem, send an email to email@example.com or comment below.
The Broom Dance
- Set up three chairs and two lines of students (facing into center is best) are lined up from the two outer chairs. There are three students sitting in the chairs and the student in the middle has a shamrock (or valentine or snowflake or whatever)
- When the music begins, everyone claps the steady beat and the child with the shamrock gives the shamrock to either the person on their right or left. The person who just received the shamrock moves to the middle seat and the two others dance down the lane and join the end of their respective lines.
- The empty chairs are taken by the student next in line from each of the two rows.
- Use any fun Irish song!
- This is a great movement activity for K-2.
Follow the Rainbow
This song by Teresa Jennings is FABULOUS and for the price of the singles kit on Music K8 ($14.95 currently), it is worth it because you can use it any time of the year and you WILL use it every year!