Why an Icebreaker?
- It’s FUN and perfect for grades 2-6
- A break from the routine
- Community Building
- Can be done in one class period
- Sharpens listening skills
- Builds collaboration
- SEL benefits-relaxation, reduction of stress/anxiety
- Rhythmic Speech
How to Play
- Print the 1 through 30 numbered sheets and cut into strips.
- Give each student a strip making sure that the numbers are in random order so students don’t know the order of the responses.
- If you have fewer than 30 students, give a couple of students two strips. If you have more than 30 students, have a few participate with a partner.
As you can see in the below example for #1 and #2, each strip tells the student what dialogue comes before them so they are prepared for their dialogue.